**Next Group Begins June 2017, applications are now open**
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” Rumi.
Cost £774.00* plus VAT per six sessions.
IMAGINE working with a process which will enable you to uncover your very ‘essence’ to discern your true ‘purpose’ in life and to begin living into this.
IMAGINE a process which will enable you to get to grips with the real you, to enable you to understand how you get in your own way, how you interrupt your potential and will teach you how to stop doing that!
IMAGINE a safe, compassionate space with a small group of like minded people where you can give and receive support for your on-going development
IMAGINE working with a process and methodology so powerful it will make your heart sing and will enable you to live into your fullest potential?
The Advanced FIRO Group, a unique personal and professional development experience, founded upon the premise that the only place where meaningful personal development can take place is in a supportive group.
For the next series of the AFG beginning in June 2017, where there are currently a few places available, I am intensifying the experience whilst subtly changing the structure. For the first time the opportunity will be open to anyone, whether they have completed a basic FIRO training or not [subject to a face to face interview with me, in advance of the group starting in June] who can evidence a high level of commitment to their own development, who want to get more out of life and to directly experience their fullest potential.
The next series of the Advanced FIRO Group begins on June 2nd 2017,
Location, West Sussex. Applications for places are now OPEN. View all future dates
Claim your place now by clicking here.
The cost of the Group is £774.00* per six sessions, plus VAT, Location of the group — West Sussex.
*If you divide the total cost of the programme by six, each group day costs about half the price of one hour’s executive coaching, if that’s not superb value for money I don’t know what is!
“Experience is not just the best teacher…
it may be the only teacher!” [unknown]
Sign up for an exciting, experiential, development group, meeting one day per month for six months, immerse yourself in FIRO Theory to develop your interpersonal and relationship skills.
- You will experience working with FIRO Theory in the ‘here and now’ using Schutz’s unique and acclaimed Open Encounter Model
- You will develop a very deep understanding of inclusion, control, openness, significance, competence and likeability and how this impacts on you and others
- You will develop an intimate understanding of your own defences and how you interrupt, undermine, get in the way of and sabotage your own process
- You will learn how to diminish your defensive reactions in interpersonal encounters which means that you will become much more skilful in situations where you used to feel threatened and out of your depth
- You will develop a deep understanding of group dynamics and group process facilitation, which means that you will be able to help groups on issues of compatibility, cohesion and team development
- You will learn powerful facilitation skills in working with your own and other’s emotional reactions, feelings and attitudes. You will learn to use a wide range of projective techniques. Working with process will become second nature to you, with the result that you will be unshakable in your practise
- You will acquire a deep understanding of Truth, Choice and The Self Concept. You will learn why this triad is the very heart and soul of FIRO Theory and you will be able to deploy this knowledge in all areas of your life and work
- You will focus on real developmental issues and you will learn by witnessing, participating, experiencing and doing
- You will learn to work with real, live, unfolding issues, not abstract concepts. This means that you will build your skills working with immediate, emerging, developmental processes. This will increase your competence and self confidence to facilitate individuals, groups, teams and organisations through their processes
The Advanced FIRO Practitioners Group is only open to persons who can evidence a strong comittment to their own on-going development check your eligibility here.
Places are limited to eight participants only.
Your initial commitment will be for six, one day group sessions which will take place at approximately monthly intervals. 100% attendance is required.
If your application to join this group is successful the commitment you will be making is primarily to your own development, but the agreement between us for six sessions will ensure the safety and viability of the whole group.
Cognitively blind personal growth is indoctrination! Understanding is a primary facet of self awareness. The absence of understanding equates to self deception and personal occlusion – blindness – at best. This represents the participant’s dilemma – do you come forward, show yourself, or do you retreat from connection and contact; do you hide away, do you present a façade, an image, a persona, or do you allow yourself and others to see the real you? Will you be able to cope with the real you? The answer to these questions is the catalyst for your deepest development.
In the dynamic setting of the APG we must first of all encounter ourselves and then each other, if we are brave enough to engage with the intensity of this exploration fully, openly and with complete honesty, we will meet – encounter – our true inner self, only then can we begin the process of healing, recreation and beginning to live into our fullest potential.
As you enter into this group you are immediately placed in touch with your innermost fears about your ability to manage the anxieties around being ignored, not seen or heard; your ability to cope with ‘these others’ to manage change – to manage being in the group – where we worry about our competence; and our deepest fears of rejection – that we are somehow not good enough.
On the journey each of us will meet the patterns, habits, structures and behaviours which we construct to protect our wounded self concept. Face to face, in the group setting we will have the opportunity to practice new ways of being. When we are able to do this we are beginning the process of healing and the recovery of our natural spontaneity, which in turn leads to a healthy self concept.
Will Schutz asserted that professional development is only possible through the lens and experience of ones personal development. I believe this too. None the less, the APG represents a profound opportunity for professional development. For example you will learn by observation, experience and participation how to encounter and facilitate the ’emergent group process’ in the here and now.
Being there, observing, participating, having the experience, develops unconscious competence, it is an alchemical process. There are very few professional development opportunities of this nature available anywhere in the UK. Working with and understanding emergent process is the apotheosis of facilitation, leadership and of being human!
The one big problem with life is that none of us gets out of it alive! Since none of us know with any certainty how it will end, there is really only one topic for debate and that is … how we choose to live now and how we direct the journey forwards.